Places to visit in Michigan
Alden Dow Home and Studio
315 Post Street
Midland MI 48640
Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Note: For information on images and collections cited on this website from the Bentley Historical Library, please contact email@example.com or 734.764.3482.
Cranbook Academy Art Museum
- Detroit Art Deco Society
- Eastern Michigan University–Historic Preservation Program
The Historic Preservation graduate program at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti takes a trident approach of physical conservation, planning, and heritage interpretation + tourism toward educating preservationists. Several classes focus on the discipline’s current embrace of mid-century modern and recent past architecture. Through partnerships with the State of Michigan Historic Preservation office (SHPO) and Michigan Modern, in the past few years students have completed research projects on many modernist structures in Washtenaw County. Fieldtrips often visit mid-century modern sites and such places are the frequent subject of research fair presentations and articles in the student magazine, Post & Lintel.
- Michigan Modern, State of Michigan Historic Preservation Office Project
- National Trust for Historic Preservation| modernism + the recent past
- Recent Past Preservation Network
- Nancy Bartlett, More than a handsome box : education in architecture at the University of Michigan, 1876-1986, Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan College of Architecture and Urban Planning, 1995.
- Grant Hildebrand with Ann and Leonard K. Eaton, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Palmer House, University of Washington Press: 2007.
- Charles Waldheim, CASE: Hilberseimer/Mies Van Der Rohe Lafayette Park Detroit, Prestal Publishing: 2004.